Macaron Day in Budapest is a pastry festival dedicated to the sweet and yummy macaron. The festival first launched in 2012 with great success. The venue of the event is the city central Club Aquarium (Akvarium Klub) on Elisabeth Square. More info about the upcoming Macaron festival in Hungary here:
You can choose from hundreds of macarons made by the top Hungarian confectioneries specializing in macarons. And if you want to buy some macaron making kit, and other kitchenware. Kids will not be bored, the Macaron Day has special children programs and things to do.
The Top 5 Hungarian Macaron Makers (based on locals’ votes on Macaron.hu website. Note: votes change over time, this is a historical shot so the upcoming Macaron Day may bring a different rating:
|1.||Sarki Fűszeres||678 votes|
|2.||La Praline||378 votes|
|3.||Centrál Kávéház||277 votes|
|4.||La Delizia Kekszmanufaktúra||130 votes|
|5.||Zazzi Cukrászda||30 votes|
If you cannot make it to the Macaron Day in Budapest, you can still visit some of the best confectioneries, patisseries that offer high quality macarons. There are quite a few places all over Budapest, e.g. Cafe Gerbeaud or Cafe Gresham in the Gresham Palace offer exquisite macaron in nice boxes. A real luxury treat for adults and kids, and a great little gift for Mother’s Day, Children’s Day and other special occasions too.
Venue and Opening Hours: please check the official FB page of Macaron Day Budapest food festival.
Places where you can buy macaron in Budapest:
- Cafe Gerbeaud on Vorosmarty Square, Budapest
- Lukács Confectionery by the House of Terror, Budapest
- Cafe Gresham in Gresham Palace (Four Seasons Hotel Budapest)
- Cafe Provence Mediterran Bistro, Budapest
- Cafe Central (Centrál Kávéház), Budapest
- GelARTo, Budapest
- Royal Croissant French Bakery Budapest
- Rozsvolgy Chocolate (Rózsavölgyi Csokoládé) Budapest
- Villa Bagatelle, Budapest
- Zazzi Cofectionery (Zazzi Cukrászda), Budapest
- István Cukrászda, Budapest